Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Suburban Apartment

Dunwoody Place is located at the very top of the perimeter off GA-400. It's the perfect location for the suburban single who's not in the market for a large home in the suburbs, but still wants to enjoy the benefits of suburban living. The landscaping is typical of suburban landscaping with open spaces and curvilinear streets. For some reason I am unable to put the picture of the curved streets next to the picture below, but it is included in the series.


One of the features I really liked about this community was the MARTA access. This bridge connects directly to the North Springs MARTA station and allows for convenient access to practically anywhere in Atlanta. I usually take the train to GSU during the summer, downtown and the airport, and I truly enjoy watching the traffic I'm avoiding from the train. Access back into the complex from the train station requires an entry card from the property which provides some sense of security.

The community also has a two-story parking deck (pictured below is the top level) and garages for some of the larger units. I chose this location because of the large floor plans as I had moved from a home and had lots of "stuff," and because of its proximity to major highways and shopping venues. I usually don't have to drive more than five miles to get anywhere I need to go except to GSU, my hairdresser, and one of my doctors, everything else I need is right here. Of course there is a price to pay for convenience, but given the traffic situation in Atlanta, it is well worth it.



Garages aren't available for one bedroom apartments, but I do like the fact that the majority of the people in my building are either singles like me or cohabitating with one other person. There aren't many kids in my community (at least nowhere near my building, thank goodness!), and most of the people are young professionals or empty nesters. Apartment living is great for singles who want convenience, but may not be ready to establish roots or just don't want the hassle of maintaining a home. Plus, I have a top, corner unit in the back with two balconies, it's a little hard to give up.



No comments: